About Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED) and how to prepare for it
SEED is a design aptitude test examining color, geometry, visual observations, creative thinking abilities, general design awareness, awareness on Indian culture, craft and traditions etc. The question paper would consist of objective questions with multiple choices and would have following
||No. of Questions
||Objective questions on color, geometry, visual observations, creative thinking abilities, general design awareness, awareness on Indian culture, craft and traditions etc.
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Syllabus for SEED
SEED is a Design Aptitude Test and would have following topics. These are indicative topics and questions might also be drawn from similar and relevant topics.
- Visualization: Understanding and visualization of simple and complex 2D & 3D geometric shapes their manipulations and spatial relationships through representations in pictorial and geometric forms.
- Observational, Perceptual and Reasoning abilities: Ability to read and see objects and information beyond obvious details, make connections, make comparisons, form opinions, draw meanings & conclusions. Analyse your observations, express your point of view and present in a systematic and structured manner.
- Creative and Problem Solving abilities: Ability to visualize and relate images around us. Ability to identify a problem and attempt to provide solutions.
- Application of Basic knowledge of Science and Mathematics: Observing applications of basic principles of science and mathematics learned up to standard 10th in the day-to-day activities & objects and finding the interesting relevance.
- Art, Craft, Culture, Design and Environment: General awareness of Art, Craft, Culture, Design and Environment in Indian as well as in Global context - Various topics and sub-topics, people, material, tools, techniques, issues & concerns, influences, period, and contemporary trends.
SEED Sample Question Paper